Sunday, July 19, 2009

this is the place.


(remember you can click on the collage to view it bigger)

this is the place heritage park is a fun place to go, here in Utah...that gives those who visit there a feel for what it was like to live in the pioneer times and to help us understand the sacrifices made to travel to the Salt Lake valley. the girls already knew what it was like to be a pioneer girl...notice the hats, they thought they were IT. Heritage Village is an amazing little village with around 50 houses, mostly original...some recreations...but all awesome. the kids and I went with my mom, sister-in-law holly and my niece, Maggie and nephew, Josh (he's the dragon in some of the pictures above). and it was SUCH A FUN DAY. I thought we'd just be there a couple hours and the kids would be done...7 hours after we got there...they still weren't ready to go. With all the train rides, animals, and activities we couldn't pull them away. we will definitely be going back again to visit...loved it, but wouldn't love it if that was the life I had to live everyday. talk about sacrifice!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I can't believe you lasted 7 hours! I don't think I would have lasted that long ....but with two babies, two pioneer girls and a dragon slayer....pretty impressive!

Dan Colton said...

I wish I were there. I love those pictures. You'll have to email me the one of Josh in his dragon outfit, with his sword and sunglasses.

Katie Lane said...

Fun! I'm glad your kids loved it. My mom made us volunteer a few summers up there, it was pretty fun. I love that place!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a hoot! I totally regret not going anywhere while in UT. I pretty much just went to nordstroms & baby gap. haha. hopefully ill get another shot in a few years. you guys are soooo cute it kills me! & well, i just think your wonderfully amazing!