Friday, February 26, 2010

house for sale.

this is the flyer I put together for our house. since I have never sold a house before, and never put together a flyer like this I'm not sure exactly what i should include...so i'm looking for any and all suggestions that you might have... (should probably inclulde something about what awesome neighbors there are) ps...also, PLEASE pass this info on to anyone you think might AT ALL be interested.
-thanks-

5 comments:

jordan and tyrell said...

where are you moving?

Rebecca Carter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca Carter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca Carter said...

Hi Mauri!

Here's a more concise writing!

Your buyer needs some way to reach you so include a phone number (perhaps Nathan's cell phone number if you don't want to be interrupted during the day).

If you don’t list the price, that is a good incentive for people to call you to inquire. If they see the property, they're more likely to show interest.

"Hardwood floors throughout the house" is not shown in the pictures, only in the kitchen.

So, here's a suggestion:

How about, "Kitchen features:
hardwood floors, granite countertops and knotty alder cabinets"

Also: "Master suite includes: walk-in closet, separate shower with 6 foot soaker tub and double sinks"


You may want to say something about the unfinished basement instead of the crawlspace, since you included a basement picture.

You could say "family friendly neighborhood" - since the neighbors have been a big plus for your family. That could be a deal clincher for someone from another state where people dream of friendly neighbors.

A descriptive word about the view is appealing - like "beautiful" or "breathtaking". You could also say, "oversized" in place of "large" describing the window.

Also, is there a good way you could take a picture of the entry way instead of the picture of the stairs, since the entry was mentioned in the ad? "Vaulted" is used more to describe the entry instead of "2 story entry".

I noticed the picture of what looks like is the master bedroom? If so, you may want to replace that picture with one including the entry to the master bath area.

There are some inexpensive or free ways that you can advertise your house for out of state buyers, too. You want to reach as much of the "market" as possible.

A lot of people prefer "for sale by owner" so they can save the realtor fees. That's how we got our home here in Albuquerque. It all turned out great for us and the seller.

I'm looking at it like I'm your potential buyer.

We send our best wishes that it sells quickly - it's a great looking house!!

Amanda said...

I don't know, I think the best neighbors you had moved away about a year ago ;).

The only thing I think I would change is to put the discriptions under the picture, other than that I think it's great! But I don't really know much about house buying...