Sunday, July 11, 2010

my birthday.

yes. i had a birthday. and thank you for all the calls and happy wishes. just try to forget about my birthday next year please.

but the day was great. it started off with a breakfast menu. and a gourmet chef.
doesn't this look delicious?

then the kids and i went to a neighborhood swim party where i took zero pictures but was surprised by some great friends with mini chocolate cupcakes, rice krispie treats, red vines and a dt. mountain dew. do my friends know how to spoil me on my birthday or what?

then the family packed and packed so that we could enjoy a little of this.
and something even better than birthday cake.

there was chocolate and butterscotch chips in there. YES. it really is great!


just as great as spending time with my favorite people (and the dogs too) on my birthday.

then it was time to say good night. and try and survive the rain and thunderstorm in a leaky tent. it was awesome!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I LOVE all the updates! your blog is my favorite so when you dont update for forever I get bumbed! Look slike july has been a blast!!! YOur camping pictures have inspired me. you think I can convince my DC city guy to take me & our 4 kidd-os? haha.

Natalie Wright said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Can't wait to see you at your birthday lunch.

Was that suppose to be a surprise???

David and Jana said...

Happy Birthday Mauri! I am glad you had a good one, even though you had a leaky tent...

Carolyn said...

I love that Katelyn is all into celebration and made you a menu...quite sophisticated for a 5 year old! She is a chip of the old block!