Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Deck...



Well for those of you who know, this house continues to be one project after another. Not because things are breaking...but just because we seem to be taking our time getting things done in the first house. Here's a tip to anyone thinking of building a house...make sure the whole house is COMPLETELY finished before moving in. Otherwise, who know when things will get done. One example for us is our deck. I wish I would have taken a before picture. Nathan had built a "temporary" deck, which we had for over a year until finally (with our stimulus check) we decided to build the permanent deck. The check did it's purpose I guess, and got us stimulated. The old deck was only about 4 feet by 8 feet and make of sheet of not so pretty wood (that's the best way to describe it, since I'm not sure what you would actually call it). We had been wanting to have a real deck. So finally we do...well almost. To this point the floor is down, and half way painted. The rest of the painting needs to get done and a railing and stairs need to get built, which will all happen this week. Right Nathan? But it will be so nice when it's done. The new dimensions jump from a 4x8 deck to a 10ft x 12ft deck, complete with a slide to get down to the ground! We'll have to have a BBQ to celebrate it's completion.
(And a house warming partty when we get the house we've lived in for 2 years completly done.)

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Nathan's been busy -- I love the slide down to the ground....will there be stairs for those of us who won't fit on the slide? I'm bummed I can't download my favorite pictures on the slide show....I found the pictures of the birthday party and Aspen grove --- there are some great shots! Looks like Wesley is keeping his sweet & mellow disposition!
XOXO

XOXO