Wednesday, November 12, 2008

THIS IS THE WEEK

I posted this earlier...but I'm posting it again. The walk is this week...and my passion is growing. So, I'm asking all of you to donate if you can (by clicking here), if you already have donated THANK YOU or if you are not able...I understand...but would you be able to post about this on you blog? spreading the work to you friends and family... together we can make a difference in the fight against breast cancer. There have been some great posts here, here and here. Let's add your blog to those posting about it and see what a difference we can make.
THANK YOU

Here is my original post:
Here is where I wear my heart on my sleeve.

I know that some of you know about the walk that I am doing for the Susan G. Koman foundation, which supports breast cancer research. But maybe not all of you.

This November, well in about 3 weeks. My mom, sister and I are walking towards a cure for breast cancer. It will be a 60 mile walk...taking us 3 days... and we are excited. We know that every little step helps in fighting the cancer and finding a cure.
My mom is currently in the middle of this fight. She has breast cancer. Her prognosis is a ?.

The cancer has spread through her bones, liver and lungs...and although by looking at her you would never know she was going through this, because of the locations of some of the tumors...we continue to consider each day as a blessing. Something that regardless of any ones situation, we all should do.

I know that my mom is a fighter...one strong willed soul. And God willing, she will be there to see all the things that a Grandma should see...graduations, weddings and babies in the lives of her grandchildren. Fighting cancer takes that determination.

But fighting and eventually beating cancer takes the experimentation of continuing research in the various types of treatment. There are so many more treatment options available now then I had ever thought of before we were brought down this path.

Organizations such as the Susan G. Koman foundation raise money that goes towards such research. Research that provides treatment options that give cancer patients a better quality of life...but also continues the research into finding a cure to hopefully one day be able to eliminate breast cancer all together.
Here is where I ask you for help...look at your financial situation, I know that all of you are different. And ask yourself what donation you might be able to make to help in this fight. It may not be much, but I know that if we were all able to make even a small contribution, the impact would be tremendous. It is like that is all facets of life. Alone we are one but together we are GREAT and together we can accomplish the most impossible of tasks.

Click HERE and you will be able to make that donation. Click HERE and you will be blessing the lives of so many affected by breast cancer. One in Seven women are diagnosed with this, so chances are it will if it hasn't already touched the life of some close to you. Click HERE and you can be part of something GREAT...finding a cure for Breast Cancer.

PLEASE, and thank you,
Mauri

No comments: