Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am so proud!

I know that I haven't been a good as I have in the past about updating the blog...but things are busy. However, I needed to sit down and tell you all how proud I am of Nathan. There are some instances when it is ok to be proud... He just completed his first group at work, where he was the supervisor for the group the whole time. For those of you who don't know about Nathan's job...you should, it's amazing. He works for a non-profit company that helps lower income families work with a group of other families to help build their own house. These are families who would other wise not be able to afford to get into their own home. Through grants and doing about 60% of the labor on these houses their dreams become a reality. It is such a great program, and Nathan teaches these families how to build a house...some of which have never even used a tool more than a hammer to hang a picture.
I am so proud of what Nathan and taught these families and the dreams he has helped to fulfill.
We love you Nathan and fell blessed to have you!
Here is Nathan during his part of the open house...he loves to speak infront of a group...not really but he thought it was funny to give a families a roll of tape as their diploma...for the fix it jobs that might be needed after they move in.
And here are the families during the ribbon cutting...see how excited they are to be moving in!

5 comments:

Darla said...

You are amazing Nathan. You make us all very proud. I'm glad you are part of the family.

Carolyn said...

I'm proud of you too Nathan! What a great organization - the house looks great!

Rachel Kirkham said...

Hooray for Nathan! I'm proud of him too! Did you say you were going to be in AZ for Thanksgiving?

Amanda said...

Yay, Nathan! What cute little houses too.

Anonymous said...

I love that house! It has so much character.