Thursday, October 8, 2009

it's not good-bye, it's see you later.

the past two weeks have been filled with celebrating life with my mom and family, as well as morning but also cherishing the passing of my mom from this mortal life. it was sad to see her go, but really a blessing that her suffering didn't last too long.
her last few weeks were filled with graduating from college, a visit to mt. rushmore as well as visits, calls and emails to her from those closest to her expressing their love and admiration, and priceless time spent with family.

visit her blog here. please do, the tribute my brother has written is amazing.

there will be a viewing for her today, the funeral and burial services tomorrow and then saturday...a walk in her honor. mom's spirit will always be with us as well as the need to work towards a cure for breast cancer. i have started "darla's team" for the american cancer society's making strides against breast cancer. we would like to invite all who are interested to walk with us saturday morning, in honor of mom, who fought a strong fight against breast cancer. you can click here if you want to register to join darla's team.
if you want to show your support but are unable to walk you can also donate to darla's team here.

i would like to thank you all for all of the love and support and prayers that have been on behalf of mom, and our whole family. you will never know what that all has meant for us.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!

The Bryzelak Family said...

Mauri- My heart goes out to your family. Love you guys! Desiree

Anonymous said...

What beautiful words from you and your brother. I'm sitting here so moved by it. She sounds like such a wonderful woman to accomplish so much in her time here. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Brandi said...

Oh Mauri, I am so sorry for your loss. I've been thinking about you and your family a lot the last few days. How neat that your mom graduated from college and that your family was able to take her to Mt. Rushmore. That time with her must have been precious. Just know that you're in my prayers. I wish I was there to give you a big hug!

Natalie Wright said...

Love you Mauri and thinking of you!

Lacy said...

We are doing Race for the Cure on Sunday and will walk in honor of your mom.

Caleb and Marci said...

I am thinking and praying for you and your family. You are all so strong and amazing.

The Hungry Homemaker said...

Your Mom was amazing, and so are you. I hope you are doing well, lots of big hugs

Jeff & Elise said...

Mauri and Fam, I am so sorry for your loss. Your mother put up a great fight, and yes, it is not good bye, it most definately is see you later! Love and Peace always.

Amanda said...

Mauri, I wish that I could come walk with you tomorrow but know that I will be there with you in spirit and thought.

Trevor and Brooke said...

We love you guys and pray for you each night!

Di Regolo Family said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom. I met her once and she was lovely. I know that cancer is yucky, I am glad that you are taking an active role in the fight against breast cancer. We will pray for you and your family.

Rebecca Wolthuis said...

Mauri, I wish I could give you a big hug. Thinking of you and your family.