I have to admit that I couldn't help but be sad when I first heard the news last night about President Hinckley. But the more I thought about it I was over come with peace. The peace came, I'm sure from all of the church leaders prayers that all might feel that way at this time, but I also thought about where he is right now. Can you just imagine the home coming he is getting! And I know he's probably hugging his wife every other moment because he is so happy to be reunited with her, and hand in hand they will be visiting with so many people. I am definitely going to miss him as a person, especially around conference time, but I know that I will feel of his spirit, personality and continue to learn from his teaching for the rest of my existence. Thank you President Gordon B. Hinckley for all you have done for me as well as for the entire world....and 97 years on this earth, pretty good!
Here is the story from the LDS web site.
1 comment:
Amen and Amen. President Hinckley is happy and full of joy right now...this I know. I'm a little sad because I loved having him lead our church and inspire me with his positive aprroach to life, incredible energy and praticality. Now our prayers shift to President Monson - what huge shoes he will have to fill. But he's up to the job!
Post a Comment