
I did it! I registered for the walk of my life. The 3 day, Susan G. Komen walk for the cure "event"...or should it have a grander name then that?! It will be in November and I will be walking, along side my mom and sister, for 60 miles over the 3 days. So now I have the goal to get ready for that...which is definitely more of a physical challenge then I've ever put myself in...at least for a long time! And the training will start as soon as I'm able, after our little guy comes.
I'm really excited about the physical challenge and the service challenge that comes with it. I've set a goal to raise over $2000 for the cause in time for the race. It's a requirement for getting to participate but for me it's more than that. It's a goal to try and do the most I can to help in finding a cure for breast cancer.
My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer about 2 years ago. She is now, thankfully, cancer free and we pray will continue to be so. But knowing that my efforts can help others avoid having to go through what she did it pushing me in my efforts to raise the money and GET IN SHAPE!!
If anyone wants to help with either of those goals let me know. You can fine all the information about donating at http://www.the3day.org/. And even donate to my goal specifically if you want. And after Wesley is born I will be looking for all the walking partners I can find to help with that half of the goal.
2 comments:
Count me in! I have been looking for a walking partner... I will give you one week after the baby is born, and we will start walking! Okay, maybe two weeks:)
Thank you for what you said on Susan's blog (freshly picked). My mom-in-law lost her battle with breast cancer two years ago. Everyday I miss her, and pray that my girls (I have four) will be spared the pain that she went through. Good luck on your walk. And thank you for your example.
Post a Comment