Thursday, September 25, 2008

I know you're all waiting....

but you'll just have to wait longer....
We just got back into town from Oregon yesterday and we hit the ground running. We drove straight into town, dropped Nathan off at the car shop so her could pick up his car that was getting worked on and off to work. I then met my mom at a gas station so she could take the kids home and i could go to a photo shop class I'm taking. Now all day today I've been trying to catch up and unpack from our trip and finish getting things ready for...

THE GARAGE SALE!
yup...we're having a garage sale on Saturday. And here's the thing. I'm doing this as part of my effort to raise money for the 3-day walk that my mom, my sister and I are doing in November. I have a goal to raise over $2,000 (in addition to walking 60 miles over 3 days)

So here's where I come to you for help. If you have anything you're looking to get rid of, that someone else might want to buy, I'm taking donations for the sale. Or (and also) you can come to the yard behind my house and come shopping. The yard sale will be this Saturday, Sept 27th (Happy Anniversary to Marci and Caleb on that day too...you guys could come and buy anniversary gifts for each other!) ...from 8 am - 1 ish.

The money I raise is very important for a few reasons...but mostly because it is a really personal battle. My mom is currently battling breast cancer and is on chemo treatment to try and beat this. All money that is donated to the Susan G. Koman foundation helps take a step closer to finding a cure to not only help my mom...but people like her who are going through this struggle as well as all their family members.

So if you have anything to donate...or want to do some shopping let me know.
Also you aren't able to be involved in the yard sale you can click here to donate to the fundraiser directly. Even if it is just a dollar or two - you really are still helping to make a difference.

No comments: