Friday, May 22, 2009

don't you all wear matching shirts with your family?

we will be.

here are instructions for those of you wanting to be cool and matchy...
you need:
tshirts
fabric (or I used an old black tshirt) for the faces
iron-on fusing (i'm not sure what it's technically called but I got it at joanns)
ribbon (ir you're making a minnie)
iron
and a sewing machine.

what I did was draw the pattern for the mouse on the fusing material (I just used cups and bowls for a pattern)...on the side that's paperish. and ironed that onto the black tshirt material. then when it was cool I cut out the mouse pattern ...the fusing and the black material are now ironed together. then you can peal the paper backing off and iron on to your red tshirt. I then sewed around about 1/4 in into the black fabric, with white string on the sewing machine. that's it, for the mickeys. if you want to do minnie I just made a little bow out of the ribbon and hand sewed it onto the shirt.

fyi. I'm not the best at the instruction thing but if you want to come over I can show you how I did it...it's actually really easy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the instructions. I think they're adorable and I might try that for our trip in October. When are you guys going? Sounds fun!

Amanda said...

So cute :)