Saturday, March 29, 2008

Signs of a good day...

One of my bestest friends, Lindy, came over for a well needed day 'o fun. Things around here have been a little overwhelming this last little while and it was definitely a well needed distraction to have Lindy over today.
Here are some of the things that made it such a great day.
~Lindy shows up with Cafe Rio
~then she is such a favorite with my girls, Elli even had a choose Lindy over Mommy moment (and for those of you who know Elli's personality... Brittney...you know how huge that is)
~which then allowed for me to leave the house for a little while and get a hair cut...can I just tell you how relaxing it is for me to have someone else wash my hair, I don't know what it is but I love it!
~then I came home to a napping Elli and Katelyn who looked like she never had more fun in her whole life...that's what happens when she can get someone to play hide and seek with her for an hour I guess.
~Lindy had also brought over a treat of strawberries and Nutella... Nutella definitely should have been on my favorite snack list, I'm not quite sure why I forgot that one

Then Elli found it...I knew she was a girl after my own heart.
That picture alone would be a sign of a good day.
Thanks to Suz for the delicious cookies the other day, and Dave-o-wave-o
for the call, and Auntie Carolyn for her upcoming sacrifice....those were all definite boosts in the week

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Ohhhhh--I'm SO glad you got that picture. Hilarious! And I had SUCH a very fun day with you guys. It was some much-needed Mauri time after a too-long drought. Thanks for being such a fabulous friend! Hug!

Lindy said...

Oh, and did I mention how fun and adorable your girls are? Yep, that's the sign of a GREAT mom.