Friday, August 22, 2008

All because of Katelyn's eye...

We were planning on going to the ward BBQ tonight but when we got home from Wal-Mart I noticed that Katelyn's eye was a little bit pink and swollen. Since I didn't know what it was from I decided that we should opt out of the BBQ. Needless to say, Katelyn was NOT happy about that. I thought we should let her pick something fun to do, at home, tonight since we couldn't go to the BBQ. She decided she wanted to have a picnic with pizza and a movie up stairs. So that's what he did, after finishing making the mint brownies that were supposed to be for the ward party (sorry everyone, you really missed out on these ones). We went to the red box and got some panda movie "Bamboo Bears" (you didn't miss out on this one though). We ended up having a really good time though.
I'm going to see how her eye looks in the morning and decided if medical attention is needed. With Katelyn, we have to avoid the Dr. if at all possible...she is NOT a fan.

4 comments:

Stacy and Justin said...

I am so sorry about Katelyn's eye, that stinks. You are such a good mom to still make it a fun evening for your kids! Looks like they had a blast and we totally missed out on your mint brownies!

The Faller's! said...

Hey Maurs!!! I just wanted to say hi and also tell you that I think your mom is amazing!!! We are totally cheering and praying for her through all of this and I just wanted to let you know that if you ever need ANYTHING I'm not far away. Hope you guys are doing great (and Katelyn's eye is getting better) and have a wonderful weekend.

The Hungry Homemaker said...

I was so sad when you didn't come, but really, your party looks like more fun to me! We got Nims Island from redbox last night and watched it, it was cute, I bet your girls would like it!

Sara said...

Your last few posts just made me really hungry! I do want your recipe for the mint brownies - I love them. Thanks for your beautiful singing on Sunday, I'm sorry I didn't have my phone on me. Ben surprised me and flew me to San Francisco and I was able to spend my birthday with my family. I left my phone in the car and missed everyone's calls - but I loved hearing your beautiful voices, especially Katelyns! :) You have some cute kids and they are lucky to have such a fun mom.

Love you guys!