along with just being able to have some mauri time I am able to think about what each step means... allow me to get a little deep, which I know is not mauri-like but is still important at times.
each step I take is a step towards a healthier me which in turn, hopefully, leads me a little further away from the chance of challenges with my body throughout life. Not all people are lucky though, to avoid the curve balls that get thrown at their bodies. My mom is one of those people...who is currently in one of the toughest battles against her body she has ever been in. What started of as what we thought was a "small case" or breast cancer is now working its way through other parts of her body. We thought we were on the up swing for a little while and now things are now quite that way.
Now my mom is a rock star, and I'm sure will take this on with all the strength she can execute. But there are ways we can all help. My sister and I are planing to do a 60 mile walk, (with my mom!) in November...the walk with is also a fundraiser for the Susan G Komen foundation. I'm asking that anyone who is able to donate...even if it's just a little please do so. Every little donation is a step in a direction, the right direction, toward finding a cure and helping those who have to fight this battle.
You can donate by clicking on the link in the top right corner of my blog. This will take you right to the site where you will be able to donate and help win the battle against breast cancer.
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you! You have just motivated me to get off the computer and to go to the gym. Who knows, if I don't have a job by November I might have to come join you and Jenna for the walk!
Love you!
Post a Comment