Monday, August 25, 2008

Family Night Out...

Saturday, August 23rd...
Nathan heard about some BBQ thing in Salt Lake City where they were giving out free samples of the BBQ from this cook off and asked me to find out where it was and told me we should go. I did a search of "BBQ in Salt Lake City" on Google and couldn't find anything. Later that day he told me it was Rock 'N Ribs...that helped, and when I googled that the web page came up. It was up at the Galliven Center and went until 8: So when Nathan got home from work we headed up there. We first stopped at my Uncle Phil's which I'm glad we did because he showed us some pictures from their trip to Europe where they were able to go a lot of the places where my GGpa was during the WWII and it was really interesting, which doesn't have anything to do with the BBQ but is part of the equation in the state of the Rock 'N Ribs by the time we got there... it was a little after 6, and there were no free samples to be seen. So, either Nathan was mistaken on the free sample info...or we got there too late and the free samples were gone, it had been going on since 11 that morning. But all was not lost, there was plenty of pretty good BBQ that you could purchase,
Elli really enjoyed the corn on the cob! a bounce house for the kids, snow cones for all of us, and the "Rock" was still going on. Katelyn liked listening to the music.
...so did Wesley...
We really had a fun time, and it was so nice to get to spend time going out with all of our family. We don't get to do that too often. Another part that made it so fun was Katelyn asking for doughnuts on the way home. We were on a quest! And with all of the gas stations sold out of their daily supply we all got to trek into the Albertsons together and pick out a doughnut.
Wesley really enjoyed himself too...he thinks we should do this more often!

It really is a blessing to me when we all get to spend time together, even whether we are out on the town or just spending time at home

2 comments:

*JULIA* said...

both pics of wesley are adorable but I really like the one of him sleeping. He looks so happy and peaceful.
That sounds like a fun night out with the family in nice weather too.
I also realized i never responded to your questions about the camera.
I don't know a whole lot except that I went with the canon becuase that is what Cindy has also so she helped me to learn it faster. I've heard they are pretty comperable though. I love having it and you will never regeret it. Maybe you already have it but there is my non opinion very late. sorry

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

That's funny, I am 24 and need to have occasional donut runs at night too!adgisgkc