Wednesday, December 10, 2008

sad day...

Elli must have thought that cutting her hair was a good idea and that I didn't cut it short enough so she shortened the bangs up a "tad". I did my best to make them even again, but needless to say, they are MUCH shorter. That was as short as I could cut them...so the chopped part is still obviously shorter but the length difference isn't quite as noticeable as before I tried to fix it. so the cute hair cute only lasted a couple of days.
her hair wasn't the only casualty...her shirt got the sleeves shortened and a hole in the belly.
I'm really glad she didn't cut herself.

note to self...Elli can now climb out of the pack-n-play and get to the sewing supplies I thought were safe, when we all think she's taking a nap.
sneaky little girl!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds just like my kids. Always climbing up on things and playing with stuff they shouldn't.

Carolyn said...

I remember a little red headed girl who when she was about 4 I think decided it would be fun to give her sister a hair cut. And that was when Jenna got a short hair cut when she was about Elli's age. So Elli is precocious and following in her mothers ways! Glad she didn't do any permanent damage to herself!

Jenna Jarvis said...

I WISH YOU COULD HEAR ME LAUGHING! I LOVE ELLI-BELLIE

Anonymous said...

Oh no Elli......! Least it was just her bangs. I believe I did that once, but I never got creative enough to create a new outfit. :-)

Amanda said...

I didn't see a picture when I looked last night but it's not so bad. If you just keep trimming them back a little bit each couple of weeks it'll be gone in no time. I never cut my own hair but my sister did and she whacked hers up so bad she ended up with a little pixie cut, there was nothing else that could have been done.

Burnett Family said...

Oh goodness, I guess every little kid has to have their turn cutting their hair! Luckily Carsons buzz doesn't allow much for him to butcher off!
By the way, can you send me your address (so we can send you a Christmas card!) thanks. My email is heat.burnett@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

way to go elli! haha. I know you probbaly werent so thrilled in the moment..but what a funny memory. I love all your posts! your a great mom! We sure miss you guys!