Wednesday, July 30, 2008

memories...

and a way to do roll call of all of you who are "blog stocking"... °Ü°
kind of fun...you should do it!

Here's how it works:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together, or one of the first memories you have of me. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

7 comments:

Rachel Kirkham said...

We actually have a lot of memories together. I remember a few in particular...drama camp for sure and listening to a Tree Grows in Brooklyn in your grandma's car on the way there and back. Your birthday party where we all wore fancy old dresses. I also remember the time I had a really bad allergy attack in your grandma's basement and you and Daniel spent the whole afternoon laughing at me until my mom had to come pick me up because I couldn't breathe. I miss you!

Carolyn said...

I have many fun and happy memories of you but my earliest memory of you was when you were newly born. I can't remember exactly how old you were. But I remember looking at you and hearing my mom's voice saying doesn't she look just like a china doll? And you did - you had beautifull skin and pretty "cupie doll" lips. Another early memory of you is when you were learning to walk the summer you, Dan and your mom came to Maryland while your dad was studying for the bar exam. You were a little tentative in your steps but so happy with yourself - your laugh was infectious. You walked holding your arms out for me to catch you.

Darla said...

Of course the first memory I have of you was when I found out I was pregnant. You were so eager to come, you were one year premature. Although, as I think about some of our memories which include trotting off to Kindergarten, cautiously getting on the bus for elementary school, going off to EFY, painting your room plaid, watching swim meets and track meets, learning how to drive, witnessing your expertise as editor of the yearbook, your first date with Nathan when we went to the nude hot springs, your MTC experience, being at the birth of all your children... My favorite memory was the day you got married. The happiness of that day will always remain with me.

Matt and Christy said...

I remember living across the parking lot from you in college. I really struggled to keep your names associated with the right person. Mauri and Marci. You both also had red hair, which made it even more difficult. I finally got it down, though.
PS: E-mail me at kiki37duck@yahoo.com for access to our blog. Or did you already?

Jamie said...

I love all our swim playdates in your backyard, but I really enjoyed last years neighborhood b-day party with the bounce house. And the best part was we got it for 3 days! We love having you guys as our neighbors :)

ps - your mom's comment said something about your first date with Nathan. That sounds like a good story that needs a post all of it own!

Cassandra said...

I have fond memories of meeting at girls camp and creating havoc for the leaders. Then of course, all of our fun slumber parties, TP-ing various people, taco bell runs, sorbe runs, fun dinners at Oreganos, the parties you an Dan used to throw at your place in AZ. AHHHH, those were fun times!

heather ann said...

So my memories are random, but here it goes. I remember singing Shania Twain at the top of our lungs from seminary to school in your jeep our sophomore or junior year of H.S. I also remember the joys of swim practice and trying to figure out who's shampoo smelled so good after we took off our swim caps. I too remember having the best time at your house...hanging out at the Colton's was always a favorite!