Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pioneer Day...

We had a fun day, with Nathan not working we got to spend lots of time with him, which is always nice. Nathan went dirt bike riding in the am, with Adam...his dirt bike buddy
...while the kids and I got ready for the day. Then we went to BYU to watch my cousin, Thomas, at his lacrosse camp. His team won the tournament...GO THOMAS!!
I had to laugh to think about it...now that I have a little boy and one day he may be running around on the lacrosse field with all those high schoolers. It will happen sooner than I want.
Then we went to my mom's neighborhood pool. I wish I had taken pictures of that. We were so hot after watching the game the girls wanted to swim and we didn't bring their suits. Since it was a neighborhood pool we couldn't bare all, so they swam in their clothes. Katelyn was a little hesitant at first, she pretty much a girl who wears the appropriate clothes for the appropriate activity.
After the swimming we went up to my stepbrother and sister-in-laws house for a bbq...with JDOGS, thank you Susie...all the kids had a blast playing in their back year. and then to Butlerville Days for fireworks. Here are all the fireworks lined up, ready to go.It was fun, because we were practically right under the fireworks, we'd never been so close to them before. And we had our "fireworks glasses" with makes them that much more exciting. I took a picture with one in front of my camera lens so you can get an idea of what they do. They turn the fireworks into prisms...pretty cool.
Not too many pictures but a really fun day!

No comments: