Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A zoo of a zoo

Today the girls and I went with my sister-in-law, Brooke, and her two kids Caden and Hailey to the Zoo. It was a free admission day and one of the first sunny days we've had in a long time, so needless to say the place was pretty busy. We also went when it was nap time for the two youngest... But we had a fun time right Brooke? Thanks for coming with us! With 2 moms and 4 kids it's hard to get too many pictures but a got a few. The kids wouldn't really hold still for pictures...but these guys would! We had a fun time looking at the animals and saw most of them. Here's Elli in front of the cougar. Katelyn and Caden kept changing their minds on which one they wanted to see most, but in the end I think they had fun. They both liked the monkeys though. We also got to play on the playground there at the zoo which was covered in snow still, so that was a fun experience. And tonight when our friends asked Katelyn which animals she liked seeing the best she said "the playground". So it was a trip well worth it!
I really liked the "Ghost of the Bayou", the white alligator. I had been wanting to see him.
The baby giraffe was pretty cute...there's just something about baby animals, even when they are 6 feet tall.

2 comments:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

I wanted to go so bad today after I saw your post, but my parents just came into town last night. However, I found out that on leap day, all the leap day babies get in for free, plus a free year family pass! We are totally going! Looks like you had fun, and I was totally excited when I first saw that white alligator, but my picture didn't come out as good as yours.

Holli said...

It is great to not be the only one from our class who has kids! So good to see what you are up to! this whole blogging thing is CRAZY! and very addictive!
Congrats a little early on the boys boys are very fun and very different from girls!