Sunday, April 19, 2009

How 'Wicked' was that?!

As many of you know, Wicked is playing in Utah right now. Right when the tickets first went on sale I tried for 3 hours on the phone and online to try and get tickets. And after 3 hours all that was left was a few tickets for a Sunday afternoon. No-go right!? Well since then I've been trying to figure out a way to get tickets. Imagine my excitement when the news reported that Capitol Theater and Wicked were wanting to carry on the Broadway tradition of doing a drawing just before the show allowing those who can't afford to buy tickets to get the chance (or those that weren't able to get through on the phone lines quick enough) Then a few lucky fans would be able to buy tickets for $25! Here's how it worked...before each show you can show up 2 hours early and put your name in a cauldron (of course) with 150 other people - that's about how mant were there yesterday sometimes they have close to 400- then a half hour later they draw 10 names and each name drawn can buy 2 tickets. My mom and I decided that yesterday would be the day that we would try. So the two of us, along with our 3 lucky charms went to the Capitol Theater, put our names in the cauldron, waited a half hour and the name drawing began...you're hoping now we won right...especially after that long story... well second to last name drawn... "mory brewer"! and I screamed! really... like a teenage girl! we got our tickets (and of course snapped a quick picture)and rushed the kids down to Nathan in Lehi and back up to Salt Lake just time time for the show... where we sat in our seats... IN THE THIRD ROW!!! Let me tell you, IT WAS "WICKED" AWESOME!!!.

(I didn't take this picture...but we were close enough that I could have)

And for all of you in Utah, the show is playing until the 3rd of May so...it's definitely worth trying to get some tickets...I might even come up with you to put my name in that cauldron and try my luck again!
Ok...it really was "Wicked"! I'm still excited about the whole experience!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so awesome!!! I'm so glad you guys got in :), What amazing seats too!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it, I need to go see it. Perhaps I can talk my MIL into doing the waiting game...

Jenni said...

HOW FUN!!! I am so jealous! Im glad you had a wicked good time! I can use "wicked" in a sentence 'cause im from NH ...its part of our vocabulary. haha!

Stacy and Justin said...

I am so jealous and happy for you! I have wanted to see Wicked FOREVER!

Anonymous said...

That is the best story I've ever heard! I would never be so lucky. It sounds amazing so I'm glad you were able to experience that with your mom.

The Hungry Homemaker said...

AHHHH, I am so envious, but so glad you and your Mom were able to go! Love it!

Burnett Family said...

Wow, it's always great to win, especially when it's something cool like Wicked tickets!! Glad you were able to see the show!!!

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

So Jealous. Can I borrow your good luck charms?