Friday, April 18, 2008

Just Kidding!!

So, for those of you who heard we were in the hospital having a baby yesterday...it's true. However now I'm at home now, still pregnant. Funny, ha ha.
I went into the hospital yesterday day with serious contractions. They'd been going every 3 to 4 minutes for over an hour by the time we got there. So, time for that baby to come right? Well I was hardly dilated at all but the contractions were still coming so they waited an hour and I dilated to a 3 when the came and checked me.
Then after a while the contractions really slowed down but they said I was slowly progressing and for a few reasons they wanted to keep me there instead of send me home even though I wasn't really in active labor any more.
Finally around 7:30, after being at the hospital since around 1:30 I was given a morphine shot for the pain and they left my IV in...because if I did come back that night they wouldn't have to stick me 5 times again like they had when I got there to get the IV in.
So here I am, the next morning...still pregnant and haven't had contractions all night. Wesley knew I wanted to make it to the scrapbook expo tomorrow. The longest we will have to wait for him is 12 days...so not too much longer.
Crazy day...

1 comment:

Trevor and Brooke said...

So frustrating!! Better for him to be ready than you as hard as that is right now. Talk to you soon and hope all is ok now!