A friend of mine, in California raised my awareness about Prop. 8. And if any of you know Nicole, she doesn't get this passionate about something if she doesn't believe in it.
...for all of her info link to her blog here.
I agree with a lot of what Nicole has said...please look at her blog for more info.
2 comments:
Mauri, I'm sorry, I love you and respect your faith and your values but feel that this prop 8 is very wrong. And I've read about how the church is opposed to it and has asked it's members to blog and spread the word to vote against it.
It makes me sad just to think about it, I believe that love is love and that even if it happens between 2 people who happen to be of the same sex, how could any kind of love be wrong? And I do not believe that having gay couples be given the right to marry does not in any way lessen what a man and woman has in their marriage. Or that it would make a "normal" family less normal.
I do believe that it comes down to equality, the equality for gay couples to show to the world that what they have is just as special to them as what a heterosexual couple has... their love. And I also believe it comes down to a persons right to choice.
Anyway, that is how I feel. Hope it dosn't effect our friendship in anyway.
Mauri~ THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Post a Comment